Hitchin Forum – Administrative Officer
We are very grateful to the contribution of Judith Gurney, who has recorded the Steering Group’s minutes for the last 5 years. Judith would now like to relinquish this role and so we are looking for somebody to take over from her. The essential duties would not be onerous, and we believe that our informal meetings are interesting, informative and not infrequently entertaining. There are other tasks that could form part of the role, e.g. arranging venues for members’ meetings, but the extent to which these would form part of the role is entirely flexible.
Key tasks – Minutes
- Recording draft minutes of the SG meetings and the AGMs.
- Liaise with the Chair regarding accuracy and completeness.
- Circulate draft minutes and other documents to SG members prior to next meeting (via email).
- Make corrections to drafts following agreement at Steering Group meeting.
- Hold agreed (electronic) copies of the minutes, and any other documents that were produced for SG meetings.
Personal requirements / commitment
- Interest in the full range of our campaigns and activities.
- Willing to attend SG meetings (every 2 months), the AGM, and other members’ meetings (every 2 months) when convenient.
- Basic level of IT skills (use of Word, email etc).
Estimated time commitment
- Depends on the individual, but basic minutes should take up to 2 hours to complete per meeting. It is rare for there to be undue time pressure to complete these.
- Steering Group meetings last about 2 hours.